Share This Article
Usually, when we buy home appliances, the store will provide shipping. Sometimes, in special cases, you need to transport the washing machine, refrigerator, or wardrobe yourself. For example, when selling your old machine or simply planning to move it to a new place. This is heavy and bulky furniture, and if you don’t want to hire a professional transport service, the article below will show you the steps to have your washing machine shipped according to your needs.
1. How to properly disassemble the washing machine
Before moving the washing machine to another place, you need to disassemble the washing machine correctly and store the components carefully to facilitate reassembly in a new place.
- Some necessary tools for disassembling the washing machine: spanner, screwdriver, wrench, pliers
- Rent or borrow a trolley to move the washing machine with ease
- Prepare a blanket or blanket, duct tape, and PE film.
Unplug the power cord
The first step in any washing machine repair, service, or disassembly is always to unplug the appliance. You don’t want to accidentally short the machine, start it up, or get an electric shock while working on the components. When disassembling the washing machine, there is also a risk of water leakage, and if that happens when the electrical connection is working, it is really dangerous.
Drain the water and remove the washing machine
If necessary, you need to pull the washing machine away from the wall to access the drain hose. The drain hose is usually found on the back of the washing machine, and you need to clean the water inside the pipe.
Next, you need to close the hot and cold water supply valves. Then remove the water supply and drain pipes and put them in the washing machine drum, so they don’t get lost while moving. Sometimes there may still be water in the pipe; you should have a rag or towel ready to absorb the water.
2. How to transport the washing machine
If you do not hire a professional transport service, refer to the notes below to help you move the washing machine conveniently and quickly.
Fix the cage and protect the washing machine
- When buying a washing machine, it will usually come with a cage locator with four locking screws holding the cage. Remove the rubber covers on the back of the washing machine, and use these screws to screw into the cage. With this method, the cage and frame of the washing machine will be firmly fixed, avoiding damage or circuit problems during the move. Please refer to the washing machine manual to be able to practice correctly.
- After fixing, wrap the washing machine with a specialized cloth or a blanket. Then, wrap three layers of PE film from bottom to top to create a safe protective layer outside, avoiding scratches and collisions with the washing machine.
Move the washing machine.
- Depending on the purpose, you move the washing machine to a higher floor or move to another house. But no matter where you ship, you alone will not be able to complete the move of the washing machine. In the process of moving, you need to be careful and skillful so that the lid of the washing machine does not pop out and the wall of the washing machine is not bumped or scratched. Ask for help from family members, neighbors, or friends because washing machines are quite heavy.
- If you are moving far away, you need to rent a truck or a tricycle or if you use a motorbike, be extremely careful to ensure safety. In order not to affect the functions and operation of the washing machine, when placing the washing machine on the car, please keep it in the vertical direction and do not let the device be horizontal.
Install the washing machine in a new location
- You have successfully transported the washing machine to a new location with the above guide. Next, you must reinstall the pipes and components so the washing machine can work properly.
- The new installation location determines the appropriate orientation for the drainage direction.
- Remove the covering cloth, remove the cover film and remove the water supply and drain pipes.
- Insert the four-cylinder screw head into the water source pipe and use a screwdriver to tighten the four screws until the power pipes are located between the four quadrupole screws.
- Tighten the plastic screw in a clockwise direction tightly.
- After performing the above four steps, recheck your safety by opening the water valve to see if the water is leaking or not. If not, your job has been successful.
- Above are the necessary notes on how to transport the washing machine. Contact us for a professional, fastest, best package transport unit.
For more information, visit us at Bronx Moving Company.