Share This Article
When moving house, packing is an indispensable step. The following article will guide you on how to pack books when moving house. Each item will have different packaging.
In all kinds of household appliances, books are quite easy to pack. Just prepare cartons and other necessary tools, you can move books from old house to new house. However, if the volume of books is too large, packing and moving are also quite difficult. You can refer to our following guides for more details on how to pack books when moving house.
HOW TO PACK BOOKS WHEN MOVING HOUSE
To quickly and easily transport books to your new home, you should carry out the transportation work according to the following steps:
Prepare the necessary tools.
First, you must prepare some tools, including cartons, wrapping paper, bubble wrap, cardboard, tape, and markers, …Once you have these tools, you will no longer find packing books annoying.
Based on book size
- The size of the book is quite diverse and rich. This depends a lot on the manufacturer. They can fit into the frame of A4, A3, A5, or A6, even smaller.
- We should choose and arrange the most proportional of the sizes. It doesn’t have to be the same size, just the same.
- The benefit of this sorting of books is that it makes it easier for you to pack and store them. Homogeneous books will be evenly distributed, causing no warping or breaking of books during transportation. The packaging will also help them hug each other as a whole.
Filter out books you don’t need anymore.
- You will have to transport many books if you own a bookcase with hundreds of books. Therefore, we recommend filtering out books you will likely never read again. You can take them to second-hand bookstores for liquidation.
- Especially weekly newspapers and magazines, you should also consider liquidating because you rarely reread them.
- You can divide the books into two categories for packing: hardcover books and paperback books. With the type of cardboard, when put in the carton, you put it upright close to the side of the box like on a bookshelf. To protect the spine, additional padding can be inserted into the box. For valuable books, you should wrap them in paper before putting them in the carton.
- For paperback books, you stack them on top of each other. We also recommend using bubble wrap around the books. This way, the book’s edges will be protected from bending or folding.
Choose a packing box.
- The standard for bookcases is that they should be sturdy, have good weight holding capacity, and be free from moisture.
- You should pack books into small boxes that fit your arms. The box size should also not be too large. If you choose boxes that are too large, the weight of the box behind the bookbinding will be very heavy, which is detrimental to moving from the old house to the car and from the car to the new house.
Use masking tape to seal the box.
- After placing all the books neatly into the cartons, tape the bottom and top of the box to keep them in place.
Mark, make notes on the box cover.
- Finally, mark and make a note to know that the contents of the box are books. As such, carriers will be more careful. Besides, when moving to a new house, taking notes also helps you arrange furniture for your home faster and more efficiently.
RENT PRESTIGE HOME TRANSFER SERVICES
Many people use the package moving service when too busy with other jobs. The fact is that when you hire services like this, you save a lot of time and effort.
So, where can you find a reputable, quality moving company? We would like to introduce you to Bronx-moving-company, which provides high-quality package moving services.
When you hire service here, we’ll help you with all the steps of your move, including packing, moving, and setting up your new home.