Share This Article
How to transport bonsai far to ensure safety is a matter of concern for many people. Let’s find out in the article below how to pack bonsai and transport bonsai in the correct technique, ensuring safety during most transportation.
Instructions on how to pack bonsai to go far
During transportation, ornamental plants are easily broken or crushed if no appropriate preservation measures are taken. This will make the bonsai lose value, affecting the business.
Bonsai includes many types, so there are many different ways to transport bonsai, which are flexible for each type.
How to transport the small bonsai far away?
- With small trees, transporting ornamental plants to the province is quite simple. You can peel the plant and its bulb from the pot, then use newspaper to wrap the roots and stem. One note is that you should wrap the roots and then the rest.
- After wrapping, prepare a medium-sized carton to put the bonsai inside. If you are transporting a lot of plants, you can prepare a larger box, avoiding the case that the box is too tight or too wide because it can cause the bonsai to be bumped along the way.
- To be safe, use cotton wool to spread it on top of the tree and then arrange another tree to avoid breaking branches. This way of transporting bonsai away will limit the impact, ensuring that the bonsai is intact when it arrives.
How to transport bonsai long distances – large bonsai
- With large ornamental plants, the transportation of bonsai over long distances will be more complicated. If you can move plants, you can move from heavy pots such as terracotta pots, porcelain pots, cement pots, and stone pots… to plastic pots to reduce transportation volume. If you cannot move the plant to another pot, you must pack the plant and pot to ensure the safety of the plant during transportation.
- Packaging large ornamental plants for long-distance transportation requires using large sacks to wrap around the potted plants. Then, wrap around the trunk, branches, and pot with old newspapers. You use nylon rope to fix the layers of wrapping paper. Then, place the carefully wrapped pot in a cardboard box.
- A note to ensure the safety of the tree during transportation, you should poke small holes in the carton so that the tree can exchange gases easily.
How to transport ornamental plants far away – plants with many branches, flowers, and thorns
Transporting ornamental plants with branches, flowers, and thorns is often more difficult. It is not always easy to ensure that the plant is intact and the flowers are still fresh. You should cover the flowers carefully with a protective net to avoid collisions or blooms. You can use cotton wool or soft paper to wrap around the tree, then use PE film or newspaper to cover the tree. After carefully wrapping the plant, you can put the plant in a carton and insert foam or paper around it to avoid collisions, breaking branches, and dropping flowers. When choosing a plant container, you should choose sturdy and sturdy containers that will fit the tree.
How to take care of a plant that has just been shipped
- After learning how to transport bonsai away, you also need to pay attention to how to take care of them. After being transported to a new location, trees should be placed in locations suitable for their biological characteristics of the tree. For shade-loving plants, avoid choosing locations with direct sunlight. For the plants that need a lot of light should be left outside, on the porch, or in sunny places.
- Because the tree has just undergone a sudden change, you need to pay attention, and care, periodically water the tree, and observe the unusual expression of the tree. You can refer to adding fertilizers or nutrients for plants.
Some things to keep in mind when transporting ornamental plants away
- To ensure safety with large trees, you should use bonsai transportation services because they will have a dedicated bonsai transport vehicle and experienced staff, so it is easier to transport trees.
- Currently, the price of transporting ornamental plants is also very flexible. You can refer directly to the bonsai transportation unit.
- With large pots, you should use a trolley or a trailer to ensure the safety of the tree when putting the tree on the vehicle.
- Choose reputable and quality bonsai transportation services to ensure trees’ safety.
- Before transporting the plant away, you should not water it too much because it can wet the container and tear it, affecting the tree.
- For small ornamental plants, you can use a closed truck. However, with tall bonsai, if the side of the car is not high enough, you should choose a truck with a canvas roof to avoid entangled trees.
- After the tree has reached its new location, it is advisable to plant it in the hole early in the morning.
Above is the sharing on how to transport bonsai far away. Hope the article has provided useful information to help you choose the shipping methods for your bonsai.