Share This Article
How to safely move electronic devices to a new home is something not everyone can do. In this article, we will share the experience of packing electronics when moving house that you can refer to.
Classification of electronics
One of the electronics packaging experiences you need to know when moving house is the electronics classification. First, make a list, list the furniture and electronic items that you plan to move to your new home to avoid forgetting and leaving things.
Then, classify each electronic item into different groups to make transportation easier. When you arrive at a new home, do not waste time searching for each person’s belongings.
Refrigerators and washing machines:
- When dismantling the refrigerator, or washing machine, you need to turn off the power at least half an hour before moving to a new house.
- With the refrigerator, must take out all the food, drinks, and fruit inside, leave the fridge empty, kitchen knives neatly, and roll newspaper to avoid cutting hands when transporting. Unplug the refrigerator to dry before shipping. Because if the refrigerator is not dry during transportation, water can enter the open parts of the device, causing moisture and mold damage.
- With a washing machine, you also need to remove all the clothes washed in the machine. In addition, you also save when transporting the washing machine to a new home. You should not plug it in right away but have to wait half an hour or an hour to avoid shock, short-circuiting, and equipment damage.
Televisions, audio equipment, microwave ovens
Experience packing electronics when moving house for appliances such as televisions, kitchen utensils, cutlery, etc., audio devices, microwave ovens, etc… You should also disconnect the power before transporting. Make sure they have cooled down when shipped. Devices were decommissioned and then packed, disassembled, and moved. This also contributes to better protection of your electronic devices.
Air conditioner, hot water tank
For air conditioners, you need to disassemble and pack them carefully to avoid damage to the equipment during transportation. Dismantling and packing air conditioners and heaters is much more difficult because it requires you to have experience and skills in disassembling these devices. To ensure the best safety for electronics, you should ask the assistance of a refrigeration electrician to dismantle, pack and install to ensure safety.
When transporting a desktop or laptop computer to a new home, you need to back up important data and documents before shipping to avoid damaging the computer during transportation and losing those data.
You should keep the laptop in a shockproof bag, so it does not get bumped when moving. And remember to turn off the computer before packing and shipping to avoid the case that leaving the device in sleep mode will cause electric shock during transportation.
Experience packing electronics when moving house
Packing electronics when moving house requires higher requirements than other items. You can refer to the following electronic packaging methods:
- Because the box the manufacturer has designed is the most suitable size and ensures the device’s safety, you will feel more secure when transporting refrigeration electronics to your new home. So when you buy these products at home, don’t rush to throw away the boxes containing them; they will be very useful!
- If there is no box for that electronic item, you buy a carton to pack the electronics. When packing items into the box, to ensure the device’s safety, remember to insert holes and gaps in the box with soft materials such as towels, foam, and foam so that electronics are not rubbed or bumped when moving.
In addition, you should wrap them with shrink film in several layers to ensure safety and fix the carton with large adhesive tape.
- If you move house on a rainy day, you must pay more attention when packing electronic and electronic items because if the device gets wet, it is easy to short-circuit and damage. Furniture should be carefully wrapped in plastic to prevent rainwater from damaging electronic components.
- Particularly with computers and laptops, you should put them in a bag, a separate box like that will ensure more safety.
Shipping electronics to a new location
- When transferring electronic and refrigeration equipment to the car, remember to carry it lightly to avoid damage to the device. In addition, you need to be careful not to stack devices on top of each other or put heavy objects on top of such devices, which will cause damage to the device.
- If your house is in a high-rise apartment building or a small alley, you need to pay more attention because the distance of transporting furniture to the truck is far and difficult. Take the initiative to move things out first to keep up with the progress!
- One of the general notes for electrical and electronic items is that you must fasten and fix them on the vehicle to prevent objects from falling out when carrying out the installation.
In addition, for the process of transporting electronics to go smoothly, you need to find out in advance whether the distance you go is bumpy or difficult. If so, you need to devise a plan to fix it. Please choose a flat road that is easy to go to avoid the situation of electronic items bumping into each other during transportation.
- The last thing you need to keep in mind is to be very careful when moving electronic devices because they are made up of many components, and not all components will work if there is a mistake in the moving process.
- To move electronic devices are always a problem for many people, so the experience of packing electronics when moving house is always necessary to protect the safety and care of electronic items and devices.
If you are worried that you can’t do this job well, Contact us!. We help you move from A to Z, from packing your electronics to setting up your new home.