Share This Article
Every time you move office, you will have a lot of things to worry about. It is about the procedure with the old place, finding a new place, the process of moving office, …
In this article, we will provide you with important moving office experiences. As a result, the moving process will save costs and take place faster and more conveniently.
1. Moving office experience – Find a new office
The office is an important transaction place. It can be said to play a decisive role in the development of the business. Therefore, the experience of moving office should be especially noted in the stage of finding a new agency. Here are some criteria for you to determine your needs and choose an office with the right characteristics:
- What is the purpose of renting a new office: To expand or narrow the workspace? Does the company’s current and future business plans affect the requirement to find a new office?
- Budget: How much does it cost to rent a new office monthly? How much does it cost to hire an office moving service?
- Moving to a new office requires attention to the following factors: Traffic, parking space, immediate use or redesign, electricity and water systems, fire safety, elevators, etc., to arrange time-specific office relocation planning time.
- Time: Time to terminate the contract with the old place, time to get the new office ready, good day to move office,…
- Other issues: Feng shui, service shops around,…
- Thoroughly research a few locations and compare prices and surrounding issues to choose the most suitable office rental.
- When renting a suitable place, you need to design, upgrade, paint, repair, and clean up before moving to the office.
- Make a location map for employees and departments at the new office.
- The search for a new office should begin at least two months before the move. Allow enough time for move-in preparation and other related formalities. And close the final location 1 month in advance.
2. Moving office experience – Specific steps
2.1. One month before the moving
- Choosing a good date for an office move is an important experience. But should prioritize selecting the time that has the least impact on business operations. Because surely, when the workplace changes, transactions will be interrupted, and it will be difficult for your employees to focus on working with customers. The ideal time should be the weekend or in the months with few transactions.
- Make a list of furniture to move, several employees and existing phone lines to rearrange at the new office.
- It would help if you liquidated furniture, tables, and chairs that are no longer in use to reduce the moving load, save office moving costs and generate revenue for the company.
- Handing and liquidating old office lease contracts, internet contracts, electricity, water, wifi, mail delivery,…
- Carrying out procedures to move the company’s office such as tax declaration, business registration, re-registration with tax authorities,…
- In dealing with customers, it is necessary to notify the company about preparing to move the company’s office so that customers are not surprised.
2.2. One – two weeks before the moving
- Change the address on documents, official letters, contracts, visiting cards, on the website, and any information related to the company’s address.
- Notify the change of office address publicly to customers by email, phone, website, and social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, …
- Ask employees to pack personal belongings. Pack important documents and other belongings neatly. Also, make specific notes to avoid confusion.
- Important office moving experience: 1 week before the move-out date, you need to contact the building for permission at both the departure and arrival places to use the elevator and access the basement.
2.3. On the day of moving
- Need four important positions. An overall supervisor. This person will be responsible for working with the moving unit and promptly solving problems, reporting to the company’s management. Besides, it is necessary to assign two supervisors at both ends: the old and new offices. And finally, an escort (following the office moving truck) ensures there is no loss of belongings and everything goes according to plan.
- The move should be carried out sequentially from each department. After finishing this room, they will move to another room, so the furniture is not mixed up.
- In the event of any problems, immediately notify the manager. If the item is damaged or lost, the two parties must sign a written certification so that there is a basis for settlement later.
- Your business should be responsible for cleaning up the old office after moving out. Return the best condition to the host unit. That’s what a professional company should do.
3. Some moving office experiences
In addition to the above things to do, there are a few other office relocation experiences you should refer to eliminate any possible troubles, such as:
- To ensure you don’t miss anything, you should know how to plan a detailed office move.
- Divide tasks equally among departments or several people in charge to reduce the burden.
- Looking for a reputable, experienced, and reasonably priced office moving company
- Balance the budget for moving office, and ask carefully about the fees to avoid arising cases.
Hopefully, the above experience of moving offices will help you better prepare for the workplace move. For more information, visit us at Bronx Moving Company.